Friday, December 11, 2009

Clarity

This is my seventh year in my second career as special education teacher. Before that, I spent almost twenty in manufacturing management. Yet my youngest had severe speech delays. We worked our way, for almost a year, through assessments and tests, and getting tubes, in order for him to get speech therapy. Then there were these amazing therapists and administrators who helped us and I had an epiphany. Well it wasn't mine alone, God called me to something greater. So I went back to school and got my master's in special education. I worked five years with children with autism and they spoke to my heart. I understood some of their frustration in not being able to communicate since my youngest struggled so. I'd been through the special education process as a parent. I know I was meant to do this. And it is a fantastic feeling to make a difference in the life of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment