Wednesday, July 25, 2012

the obvious blessing

there is so much hope that comes with the birth of a child, so much potential.  This tiny bundle that brings so much love.

Thinking back almost twenty years ago now, how very moved I was when I heard my daughter's heartbeat for the very first time. Of course, I didn't know it was a daughter although a daughter was the longing of my heart. That sound made it more real, something alive and growing in me, dependent upon me. Are we ever granted that much responsibility than caring for another?

And then, again, learning for the first time that I was carrying twins some sixteen years ago.  What a shock! All the doubts swarmed in: how would I provide? how would I get them to college? how? how? how?  And it took me about a day to settle down and remember. I had always been blessed with all my needs before and they would continue to be provided. Where was my faith?

So with the birth of the latest member of our family Sunday, I know how blessed we are once again with a new opportunity to love, to care, to share a new life with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment