Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Let your tears come. Let them water your soul.  ~Eileen Mayhew

It is said by my family that I cry too much, too easily.  I suppose in some regards, I do.  There is much that touches my heart and speaks to my soul. I have probably shed tears for as many reasons as there are emotions.  Tears of happiness, of sorrow, of love, of pain, of loneliness, of anger.

And the tears help me to heal, to process and to flush out the harshness that has invaded my heart.  I do not feel weaker these times after I cry but a sense of release. However, I admit too that there are times that I really don't know specifically why I cry.  Life has struck me in a way that I can not comprehend, words escape me and all that is left are tears.

Tears can cleanse and soothe and bond and speak when there is nothing left. While you may find tears useless, they provide some purpose for the person who shed them. Do not dismiss them as you then diminish another person. Do not mock them as you can not know the sorrow of another's soul. As they have blessed you with a display of pure emotion, bless them with compassion and understanding.

Tears are an open door you must step through to understand.

The soul would have no rainbows had the eyes no tears. ~John Vance Cheney

No comments:

Post a Comment